Clinic Life After Lockdown
After 9 weeks of lockdown, we are finally able to see Podiatry patients again from Monday 1st June! However, things are not going to be completely "normal".
We have been busy doing risk assessments, formulating protocols and putting measures in place to keep both you and us as safe as possible.
Following guidelines from our governing body, The College of Podiatry (CoP), we are still limited as to who we can see in this clinic at this time. Read on for more information...
So, who can we treat in the clinic from 1st June?
Following a 'traffic light' system issued by CoP, we are now able to see most people in the clinic again. Priority will be given to those with the following issues:
- Painful corns and callus
- Painful or infected ingrown toenails
- Infection or ulceration
- Key workers who are in acute pain
- Patients with acute foot or ankle pain
- Patients in high risk groups with foot pathology. This would include conditions such as Diabetes, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Neuropathy, Neurological conditions and patients taking medication that reduces their immune response.
All patients will be triaged on the phone before appointments are booked to check that you fall into either the amber or red categories and we will also take you through a quick Covid-19 assessment form. I have been training Kenneth up to do this to take the pressure off myself and Ruth so you may hear a new voice on the phone!
Please note that we are only booking 1 week ahead to allow maximum flexibility should the situation change or should we become symptomatic ourselves.
What changes have been made to keep everyone safe?
You'll notice a number of differences when you come to visit us now. Some measures we have put in place are:
My 14 year old Jack, modelling the new screen
- Hand gel in the waiting area, we ask you to use this when you come in
- Spaced out seating within waiting area but we ask if possible, that you wait in your car until called by your Pod.
- Podiatrists will be wearing full PPE including mask, gloves, apron and face shield. You'll also notice we have a new uniform!
- Perspex screen installed in clinic room to create a partition between pods and patients
- Extra time between appointments to allow for thorough cleaning of all surfaces including door handles etc
- We have removed all reading material and the teas and coffees. This breaks my heart a bit but we have to reduce surfaces which may carry infection.
As a result of these changes, we have had to implement a £5 surcharge for ALL appointments. If we are able to relax these measures a little and see patients back to back again, we will be able to drop this surcharge. We hate having to do this but as a small business we simply cannot absorb these costs ourself.
If you are struggling with a foot problem, please do get in touch with us. We are still here to help! You can email us at email@example.com and we will get back to you or call our answering team on 01856 988422 and they will pass your enquiry on to us.
We are so grateful for your support during these very strange and difficult times.